How to prevent faux from fading: Taking care of plants is hard, they require dedicated care. So, if you are the busy type, you may prefer the care-free traits of artificial plants. Also, the options to pick from are almost endless.
Artificial plants that come in several synthetic materials are kept in direct sunlight where their colors might fade. However, you can limit this fading process.
- Clear UV resistant spray
- Fluffy duster
- Dish soap
- Dust fake plants with a duster, or use a hairdryer, especially to dust hard-to-reach areas.
2. Rub down artificial plants with a rag moistened with soapy water. Clean the stems and both sides of the leaves. Also, Rinse with a clean, moist cloth. Allow the plants to air dry.
3. Lay the faux in a single layer on the newspaper in a well-ventilated area. Alternatively, arrange plants in several vases or containers so a UV resistant spray can easily affect all parts.
4. Apply a clear UV resistant spray that is appropriate for your plant material. Typically, you spray it in even sweeping motions about 10 to 12 inches away from the targeted surface.
5. Allow the plants to air dry. Sometimes, it takes about five hours. Flip the plants over and correspondingly apply the UV resistant spray, if applicable.
How to prevent faux from fading